Surprise, AZ 85378
Our congregation is full of people, young and old, just like you, who started out looking for a religious/spiritual home that fits the realities of modern life. Many of us yearned for a spiritual community that invites us to think carefully and feel deeply together about life’s ultimate questions and that lifts our spirits, but does not require that we adhere to religious creeds and strictures that do not speak to us. We have found such a community here. We hope you will, too.
If you grew up attending services within a traditional religion, our services will be somewhat familiar, but refreshing. If you grew up without a religious background, or would describe yourself now as atheist, agnostic, or humanist, you will find kindred spirits here. We welcome all people, celebrating the creative possibilities of working with others who may be different than we are with regard to race, national origin, social and economic situation, gender, sexual and/or gender orientation, abilities/disabilities, beliefs, or other characteristics.
Our Sunday services usually include a story for all ages (a short message for our children), periods of reflection, time for members to share personal joys and sorrows, inspirational and thought-provoking readings from a variety of secular sources and religious traditions, a sermon, hymns, and other music provided by our choir, pianists, and other instrumentalists. Sermons from Reverend Terry Sims and occasional guest speakers are sometimes seasonal, often personal, frequently deal with current events, and relevant not only to everyday life but also to making our lives fuller and more meaningful. Ethics-based religious education is provided for children.
Our services and religious education classes are held on Sunday mornings at 10:30am. Services and classes usually last about an hour, but sometimes a bit longer. After service we usually have coffee and snacks at the social hour.
Visitors are welcome at any time of the year. We warmly invite you to join us and we look forward to meeting you!
UU Values Matter … Pledging Secures our Future
We are a self-sustaining community whose primary source of support comes from our Members and Friends. Giving consciously and responsibly will help us become a congregation of generosity and gratitude.
Now, more than ever, we need to support racial, economic, social & environmental justice; education & learning for all; progressive worship & community life. With your donations we will!
This is what Stewardship is about – supporting what matters most to us, what we value in our lives, to ensure that our ideals and principles have the necessary financial resources to stay strong and make a difference for ourselves, our loved ones, our community and the world we all share.
Even if you have paid your pledge, should you have the resources, please consider making a special gift. If you need help deciding on an amount to pledge, please click here to see the UUA Fair Share Guide.
Please complete the Financial Pledge Commitment Form below and hit the SUBMIT button.
Unitarian Universalist Church in Surprise
17540 N. Avenue of the Arts Surprise, AZ 85378
2021 Stewardship Campaign
Financial Pledge Commitment Form
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS ENTIRE FORM FIRST BEFORE SELECTING YOUR PAYMENT OPTION TO THE RIGHT.
Ways to Donate:
- Via Mail – Checks can be mailed to our Church Administrator, Kathryn Pabich, Unitarian Universalist Church, 17540 N. Avenue of the Arts, Surprise, AZ 85378.
- Via Paypal – Online donations are processed via this PayPal link.
- Via ACH – You can authorize a regular automatic, monthly deduction from your checking account via the attached form. Complete and mail this form to the UUCS Administrator at the above address or you can scan and email the ACH form to the UUCS Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Via Zelle – Our Chase QuickPay® with Zelle® account can receive donations at the Treasurer email address: email@example.com. The only restriction is that to send money to a small business, you must be enrolled with Zelle directly through your financial institution, or enrolled in the Zelle app with a deposit (checking) account.
Small businesses are not able to enroll in the Zelle app with a debit card, and cannot receive payments from consumers enrolled in the Zelle app using a debit card. You can go to https://register.zellepay.com to view participating banks
- Via Stock Transfer – Please indicate information on the Pledge Form submitted.
A Progressive, Inclusive Faith Community